Wednesday 17 October 2012

Updates...And A Video To Make It Interesting

Right; the trip to Stratford Upon Avon was quite fun and shall be posted soon. In the meantime, I am frantically trying to finish "The King's Glass" by Carola Hicks in preparaton for my trip to Cambridge this Saturday. The book analyzes the Tudor dynasty through the building of the chapel at King's College, particularly its 26 stained glass windows. They are considered the finest example of renaissance glass in existence. I have already seen them first hand and they are breathtaking. It will be even better this second time around as I now know what to look for within each piece.

Besides King's College, I also hope to visit St. John's College (founded by Margaret Beaufort, Henry VIII's grandmother and Bishop John Fisher) as well as Trinity College (founded by Henry VIII himself). While I may not be able to go into all of them, the artwork and statues along the outside provide some satisfying history.

In other news, I just received my official job responsibilities at the Sheffield Manor Lodge. I am to research the Talbot family from the Wars of the Roses until 1560 and tell their family story as it pertains to the house. This information will then be used for official guides and tours. To say I'm excited is an understatement!


Lastly, for those who don't know, I gave a presentation at UNH in March on the subject of Henry VIII and his courtship of the Lady Anne Boleyn. It was recorded and can be seen via the link below. It's about an hour long with Q&A at the end. Volume will adjust and no, I don't lisp. Enjoy!

Kingdom For A Heart: The Courtship Of Henry VIII & Anne Boleyn

No comments:

Post a Comment