Tuesday 2 October 2012

Simple European Enjoyment

I had some time to kill before my Wars of the Roses archeology class so I went to the Peace Gardens across from Town Hall and read a book while enjoying a coffee. This is one of the simple pleasures that I really enjoy. It's great to just relax and watch everyone else move on by.


The book is entitled "Our Man In Rome: Henry VIII & His Italian Ambassador". It's an interesting read that focuses on a man whom we know almost nothing about. Quite sad considering he was the king's ambassador to the Vatican when the divorce proceedings were at full speed! Even better, the author is Dr. Fletcher who happens to be one of my professors!

And what European lounging experience isn't complete without bells, fountains and pigeons?

...and now that class is over, its raining. Again.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment